1. If you are going to be traveling last minute, don't go somewhere that is having it's biggest celebration of the year unless you already have a room!
2. Sometimes staying in towns that are just outside a major population center means better hotel rates.
3. Even if a hotel says online that they are booked, try calling, cancelations happen all the time.
4. GPS is wonderful. Not only do Chad and I both us navigation programs on our phones, I always have my Tom Tom on standby.
5. Sometimes, you lose GPS signal and cell service, always carry a map and have some sort of clue where you want to go
7. There are some great apps out there... use them. Find Me Gluten Free and a hotel finding app were our friends through our whole trip.
8. The internet is full of wonderful things. websites like this give you some great ideas of unique places to stop along your way.
9. With the necessary tools and a little common sense, a last minute vacation can be a blast!
That's all my tips for now... more to come with future adventures.